Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Gumpaste Dafodill

So back in June when I won the cake decorating contest I did, I got this cool package of gumpaste flower cutters and a book that gives great instruction on how to do each flower. It's called Wilton beautiful gum paste flowers..



So i decided to give it a try since last night in my cake decorating class we made mums, daisies and fantasy flowers I wanted to see what else I could make. 

I decided to make daffodils.

this is what they are "supposed" to look like ....
These are the cutouts that will be used to make the daffodils.
you will need to make two of these cutouts for one daffodil.
Then you roll out the sides but leave a point on each petal. (or try, its a little hard to do until you get the hang of it.)
After you've done both parts you can glue them together with a little water and place them in a cupcake baking cup. (If you would like the petals to be straight you can leave them on a flat surface.)

Then its time to make the middle of the flower. Cut out a piece of orange gum paste (or whichever color you would like) with the cutter B that's pictured above. Then Roll out the piece up and then down to lengthen it out.  After this you will ruffle the edges with whichever tool you have on hand. 
Then you are going to connect the sides and then push together the bottom, after this you will stick a finger into the hole and push the gumpaste down to make it flat.
You can also use a tool with a rounded edge to push the bottom down and flatten it.
Then glue the orange piece onto the yellow flower and there you go!
I think it turned out pretty well for my first try!

No comments:

Post a Comment